Unconventional Approaches to Modern Chess: Volume 1

Ref: t1048

Product type: Printed book

In stock

Alexander Ipatov

Volume 1: Rare Ideas for Black

Sample pages (pdf)

From the author:
Most of the material in this book is based on my own offbeat opening repertoire from Black's perspective.

The book is divided into four parts. Part I covers sidelines in the mainstream openings where I take a major opening and analyze one or several sidelines. This is the most theoretical part of the book, where I share a significant amount of original thoughts and analyses that constitute my opening repertoire.

Part II discusses the concept that I refer to as systems. It still involves theory, but less so in comparison to Part I. What I am trying to convey in this part is the "schematic thinking" - where you think in terms of plans and typical ideas.

Part III takes one step further in abstraction - it analyzes notable modern games where one player showed ambition early on in the game and it worked out well for him.

Part IV covers the so-called "early surprises" where early on in the game a player implemented a move that shocked his opponent. Perhaps the most recent example is my game against Sam Shankland where the audacious 1.d4 Na6 2.c4 e5!?N was seen.

Published 2019, softback, 359 pages.

R.R.P. 27.95 - save 3.00!

Our Price:24.95

Wishlist info

Please select next action

Go back orGo to wish list

Recently Viewed