1. Home
  2. Login
  3. Recent Orders
  4. Wish List
  5. View Basket
  6. Checkout

International deliveries are available, by tracked mail only, to USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand a limited number of EU destinations.
EU customers will be required to pay customs duty and import VAT before delivery - at the rate applicable in their destination country.

Unbeatable! The Art of Defense

Unbeatable! The Art of Defense

Ref: t0141

Product type: Printed book

In stock

Jan Werle

Sample pages (pdf)

From the author:

"The topic of defense requires a comprehensive analysis from different angles in order to give the chess player under pressure useful guidelines during a game. Of course, the technical part is a matter of finding challenging, new and interesting positions. I was struggling with describing the emotions that we have during the game, how they influence our decision-making process and what we can do about that. Hence, I tried the best I could to define the issues the defender encounters during a stressful game. Finally I am confidently sharing with you the lessons that I learned from sport psychologists and literature, and my experience as a player over 30 years."

"I realize that this book will not cover all open wounds, nevertheless my aim to write a manual about defense which can help us defenders enduring the hardest difficulties in practice, seems to be achieved. Personally speaking this book helped me as a defender to approach a worse position in a much more objective way, optimally use all of my defensive resources available, both psychologically and technically, to set - even under the most dire circumstances - pitfalls, while keeping my nerves under control."

Jan Werle is a Grandmaster, professional chess coach and author. He reached his peak rating of 2607 by winning the EU Championship in Liverpool. He achieved a tournament rating of 2743 at the Gibralter Masters in 2020, finishing 8th.

Published 2021, softback, 344 pages.

Our Price:26.50

Wishlist info

This product is included in our 10% discount offer for orders of 2 or more qualifying products! (Discount will be applied in the shopping basket)

People who bought this also bought:

The Modernized Nimzovich 1.e4 Nc6!
Boxed Tournament Chess Pieces (black and lightwood colour)

Please select next action

Go back orGo to wish list

Recently Viewed