Emmanuel BricardSample pages (pdf)
Books on chess exercises are usually about tactics. But in most of the positions that you think about during a game, there is no tactical solution. What you are doing most of the time is trying to find a way to improve your position or weaken your opponent's, by applying strategic rules.
Experienced chess trainer Emmanuel Bricard has created a practical exercise manual with carefully selected and tested training positions that teach you how to develop the right plan.
This book is for you if you want to:
* know what to do if there is no tactical solution
* improve your understanding of chess strategy
* learn how to apply strategic principles in concrete positions
* gain time on the clock by having to calculate fewer variations
* learn how to accumulate advantages in various types of positions
* be inspired by great examples of strategy.
The level of difficulty of the exercises varies as this manual is intended for a wide range of club players. The majority of the exercises are middlegame positions, but additionally there is a large section of endgame tests as well. After working with Strategic Chess Exercises you will spend less time on finding better plans, and outplay your opponents more often!
Published 2018, softback, 221 pages.