How to Play for a Win if White Avoids the Ruy LopezSample pages (pdf)
Victor Bologan covers all relevant lines after 1.e4,e5; with a well laid out, up-to-date, clearly explained, eminently playable set of responses. He includes defences to the Centre Game, Danish Gambit, King's Gambit, Scotch Game, Four Knights, Italian Game and others. Please see the sample pages link, below, for a list of his recommended lines for Black.
But there is much more:
* Guidance for those who are new to 1..e5 and have little time
* A wealth of new ideas in old lines
* The Fast Lane repertoire (in every chapter): the minimum you need to know
* A special strategy section: how pawn structures define important themes
* Transpositions and move-order subtleties clearly identified
* Historical lines and gambits re-examined
* Traps & tricks visually marked
* Many examples from Bologans own games
* 2200(!) games referenced and presented in a separate index
* Lots of practical tips
Victor Bologan has taken the chess opening repertoire book to a new level and created a unique instrument of chess instruction.
Viktor Bologan is a pupil of the top Moldovan trainer Vecheslav Chebanenko. For many years Bologan has been the number one in Moldova and has represented his country in nine chess Olympiads. His greatest successes were in 2003, when he first of all won the Aeroflot Open and then the famous Dortmund Tournament, ahead of Kramnik and Anand. The Moldovan has extensive experience as a trainer.
Published 2014, softback, 528 pages.